The automatic integration option is the easiest and in most cases the working way to implement Groovy Menu on your website. The principle of automatic integration is that the Groovy Menu plugin will be displayed immediately after the opening HTML tag
Enable Automatic integration
To enable automatic integration:
- Install and activate the Groovy Menu plugin. Learn more about how to install the plugin in this article.
- From the WordPress dashboard go to "Groovy Menu > Integration" and check "Enable automatic integration“, then click ”Save changes".
- Next, you need to assign the Navigation Menu to the ”Groovy menu primary" theme location under "Appearance > Menus > Manage Locations". You can also assign Navigation Menu to the "Groovy menu primary" from the global Groovy Menu settings. They work the same way.
- Variant A
- Variant B
Note. If you don't have any Navigation Menus yet, now is the time to create one. Instructions on how to create a Navigation Menu are described in this article.
- Variant A
Integration into location
Integration into the location works in the same way as automatic integration, only is allow to insert the menu into theme locations.
It is only possible in case if theme author has prepared such areas for theme.
How to remove the built-in theme menu
The way to disable the menu provided by the theme can vary from theme to theme. Here is a list of steps by priority:
- Integrate the menu as "Integration through the child theme"
For that go to "
Groovy Menu > Integration" section and check if there is a possibility to "Integration through the Child theme" for your theme. (This method is available only for Themes that are already in our Child's database.)
- Unset all the Navigation menus provided by the theme from
Appearance > Menus > Manage Locationsand leave only provided by the Groovy menu (Groovy menu primary)
- Find the "
Theme options" section in the theme that you use, if it exists, and find settings that disable the built-in header menu.
- Check header settings in WordPress Customizer
- If none of the above steps didn't help to hide the menu provided by theme please create a ticket here